Hi my loves! I hope you had a very happy Easter and made good use of the long weekend!
I spent part of my saturday coming up with a new delicious recipe for you all to try out! As a kid I loved chocolate as a treat, I mean what child doesn’t love sugar?! One of my favourite chocolate bars was the Aero mint chocolate. Peppermint flavour is refreshing but adding all that sugar is so unhealthy. Since going vegan I’ve been trying to find healthier alternatives to some of my favourite treats, so here’s my recipe for a mint chocolate bar 💛
For the “chocolate” top and bottom:
- 1/4 Tbsp melted virgin coconut oil
- 1/4 cup raw Cacao powder
- 2 Tbsp pure Maple syrup
For the mint filling:
- Fresh mint
- Pepper mint essence (optional)
- 1 Tbsp Pure Maple syrup ( 2 if not using Agave)
- 1 Tbsp Agave syrup (optional)
- 1 cup Ground almonds
- 2 Tbsp Almond milk
- Mix all the “chocolate” ingredients thoroughly together. Pour the chocolate into silicon muffin tins or any silicon baking dish so that it comes out easily. Put in the fridge til it has set.
- Meanwhile blend the mint filling ingredients in a blender or food processor. Add extra Almond milk if it’s too dry. Pour over the chocolate and put back into the fridge to set the layer of mint filling.
- Repeat the chocolate step for the top chocolate layer. This recipe should make 12 bars if you use muffin tins
This recipe is really sweet and decadent so you don’t much to satisfy your sweet tooth, but I wouldn’t blame you if you ate heaps in one sitting, it’s seriously yum!
Hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do 🌿